Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Table Magazine: Houston Culinary Awards Issue

I had the honor of being asked to illustrate this month's cover for Houston's My Table Magazine celebrating the 2011 Houston Culinary Awards and recognizing the seven Chef of the Year nominees (Mark Cox, Anita Jaisinghani, Randy Evans, Hugo Ortega, David Denis, Ryan Pera, and Marco Wiles.) Launched in June 1994, My Table is a critical guide to dining out – and dining well – in the greater Houston area. Special thanks to the great editorial staff at My Table for helping me put together this fun assignment.

For the past four issues I've also been having fun as the regular contributing illustrator on the magazine's "Tasting the Town" segment where one single food item is ordered and compared through various local restaurants. Previous featured items were calamari, Vietnamese iced coffee, garlic, and Asian steamed dumplings. Keep track of future issues of My Table to see what other delicious items will be featured!





No comments:

Post a Comment