Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sidewalk Arts 2006

Has it already been a year? Looks like it's time for the annual Sidewalk Arts Festival...

This year I drew on square 637 of the "alumni" section, which was a little nicer because of the generous elbow room. For some reason, the image of an illustrated portrait of Poseidon, Greek God of the oceans, came to me the other day.

Now I always knew this guy as "Poseidon" but everyone kept passing by saying, "Look, it's Neptune!" Greek or Roman, I suppose it was better than the "Look, it's the Little Mermaid's dad" comments...

This is Poseidon shortly after losing a contest with Athena over the patronage of Athens. That would explain the crossed arms and pouty disposition, in case you were wondering. In my version, he's a bit skinnier than the typical muscle-head versions out there. It just seems a skinnier guy would swim better...

As usual, I took photos of other squares I enjoyed for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment